[Ironruby-core] Time.now and System::Text::EncoderFallbackException

Tomas Matousek Tomas.Matousek at microsoft.com
Thu Aug 20 12:28:57 EDT 2009

DataTime.inspect is supposed to use invariant culture for formatting the time. I think I've fixed this recently. Can you try the latest build?
>>> Time.now
=> Thu Aug 20 09:19:50 -07:00 2009

As a workaround you can do  Time.now.ToString('hh mm ss, MMM yyyy') for example.

Note that MRI 1.8 doesn't support encoded strings well. We are trying to make them work but we haven't fixed all Ruby string manipulating methods yet. Everything should just work if you use CLR strings.