[Ironruby-core] A couple of doubts (related to Time)

jirapong.nanta at gmail.com jirapong.nanta at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 02:02:49 EDT 2009

Hello Daniele,
	About the DateTime in ironruby, you might encountered same problem
with me. The implementation in IronRuby use .NET DateTime struct which
unable to maintain reference id.
	I was introduce RubyDateTime class to solve this problem, but
unfortunately i didn't have time to finish it yet.

My todo list:
- Replace DateTime in the codebase
- Converter.IsIntegral might need to be
- override Equals, HashCode, and ToString (remember this is immutable
- Constructor as a DateTime
- Make it Serializable
- see msdn.com any other interfaces/attributes to propagate to
- define implicit operator converting from and to DateTime so that
Ruby code can pass a Ruby Time object to a CLR method that expects
- change comment "“Encapsulates DateTime and supports mutating of
instances (whereas DateTime is immutable)”
- Time#utc spec should be "modifies the receiver"
- fix for rfc2822 spec

You can find more info at - http://ironruby.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=1021