[Ironruby-core] IronRubyMvc Problem with new Dlls

Ivan Porto Carrero ivan at flanders.co.nz
Fri Aug 14 13:02:45 EDT 2009


I can't reproduce the error you're getting.
in the ironruby git repository folder I did
git pull
rake compile

copied the debug assemblies into the ironrubymvc/dependencies folder
Then hit F5 in visual studio on the ironrubymvc website and it shows me the
first page.

---
Met vriendelijke groeten - Best regards - Salutations
Ivan Porto Carrero
Blog: http://flanders.co.nz
Twitter: http://twitter.com/casualjim
Author of IronRuby in Action (http://manning.com/carrero)



On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 6:44 PM, Shay Friedman <shay.friedman at gmail.com>wrote:

> Yupe.
>
>
>
> On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 7:26 PM, Ivan Porto Carrero <ivan at flanders.co.nz>wrote:
>
>> I'm currently tracking releases.. don't have the time to track HEAD
>> anymore sorry
>> Did you recompile ironrubymvc with the new references?
>> ---
>> Met vriendelijke groeten - Best regards - Salutations
>> Ivan Porto Carrero
>> GSM: +32.486.787.582
>> Blog: http://flanders.co.nz
>> Twitter: http://twitter.com/casualjim
>> Author of IronRuby in Action (http://manning.com/carrero)
>>
>>
>>
>> On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 6:12 PM, Shay Friedman <shay.friedman at gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Ivan,
>>>
>>> I downloaded your fork and it worked. But...
>>> I've just pulled the latest code from the IronRuby repository. When
>>> changing the references in the IronRubyMvc project to the latest ones, I get
>>> a new exception...
>>>
>>> The exception now is:
>>> *Could not load type
>>> 'Microsoft.Scripting.Runtime.IConvertibleMetaObject' from assembly
>>> 'Microsoft.Scripting, Version=0.9.6.20, Culture=neutral,
>>> PublicKeyToken=null'.*
>>>
>>> In the IronRubyMvc project, it fails in the next method:
>>>
>>> private void RequireControllerFile()
>>>         {
>>> //
>>> RequireRubyFile(PathProvider.MapPath("~/Controllers/controller.rb"));
>>>             Engine.CreateScriptSource(
>>>                 new
>>> AssemblyStreamContentProvider("System.Web.Mvc.IronRuby.Controllers.controller.rb",
>>>                                                   typeof
>>> (IRubyEngine).Assembly), null, Encoding.ASCII).Execute(
>>>                 CurrentScope);
>>>         }
>>>
>>> In the IronRuby code, it fails on RubyBinder.cs in the method:
>>>
>>>  public override bool CanConvertFrom(Type/*!*/ fromType, Type/*!*/
>>> toType, bool toNotNullable, NarrowingLevel level) {
>>>             return Converter.CanConvertFrom(null, fromType, toType,
>>> toNotNullable, level, false, false);
>>>         }
>>>
>>> Maybe some modifications are needed in order to make this work again.
>>>
>>> I'd be glad to help, just point me where to start from.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Shay.
>>>
>>>
>>> On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 5:00 PM, Shay Friedman <shay.friedman at gmail.com>wrote:
>>>
>>>> I pulled from jimmy's clone. I will pull from your fork now and try
>>>> again.
>>>>
>>>> Thanks!
>>>> Shay.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 1:21 PM, Ivan Porto Carrero <
>>>> ivan at flanders.co.nz> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> which ironruby mvc version are you using?The one I have in my github
>>>>> account should work with ironruby 0.9
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> ---
>>>>> Met vriendelijke groeten - Best regards - Salutations
>>>>> Ivan Porto Carrero
>>>>> Blog: http://flanders.co.nz
>>>>> Twitter: http://twitter.com/casualjim
>>>>> Author of IronRuby in Action (http://manning.com/carrero)
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 9:42 AM, Shay Friedman <
>>>>> shay.friedman at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> Hi,
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I've pulled the code of the IronRubyMvc project and compiled - the
>>>>>> sample project worked well.
>>>>>> I noticed that the IronRubyMvc project references were using the
>>>>>> IronRuby 0.4 version. I replaced that to the 0.9 version that I had. After
>>>>>> that, the sample project doesn't load anymore and fails with the next error:
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Server Error in '/' Application.Method not found: 'Void
>>>>>> Microsoft.Scripting.Runtime.Scope.SetVariable(Microsoft.Scripting.SymbolId,
>>>>>> System.Object)'.Line 537: internal void SetGlobalConstant(string/*!*/
>>>>>> name, object value) {
>>>>>> Line 538: _globalScope.SetVariable(SymbolTable.StringToId(name),
>>>>>> value);
>>>>>> Line 539: }
>>>>>> In Merlin\Main\Languages\Ruby\Ruby\Runtime\RubyContext.cs
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Is it something on my end or does the project need some modifications
>>>>>> to work with the new version?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Thanks!
>>>>>> Shay.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> ----------------------------
>>>>>> Shay Friedman
>>>>>> http://www.IronShay.com <http://www.ironshay.com/>
>>>>>> Follow me: http://twitter.com/ironshay
>>>>>>
>>>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>>>> Ironruby-core mailing list
>>>>>> Ironruby-core at rubyforge.org
>>>>>> http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/ironruby-core
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>>> Ironruby-core mailing list
>>>>> Ironruby-core at rubyforge.org
>>>>> http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/ironruby-core
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Ironruby-core mailing list
>>> Ironruby-core at rubyforge.org
>>> http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/ironruby-core
>>>
>>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Ironruby-core mailing list
>> Ironruby-core at rubyforge.org
>> http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/ironruby-core
>>
>>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Ironruby-core mailing list
> Ironruby-core at rubyforge.org
> http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/ironruby-core
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/ironruby-core/attachments/20090814/d256246f/attachment.html>


More information about the Ironruby-core mailing list