[Ironruby-core] IronRuby with ASP.Net and Silverlight

Jimmy Schementi Jimmy.Schementi at microsoft.com
Wed Aug 12 12:07:07 EDT 2009

Not planning on doing that; the release contents are pretty much
final. It makes sense for any .net library integration binaries to be
it's own seperate package. The only exception in Silverlight since you
need special language binaries.

~Jimmy
Sent from my phone

On Aug 11, 2009, at 9:39 PM, "Shay Friedman" <shay.friedman at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Talking about ASP.Net MVC - Are we planning to ship IronRubyMVC dlls
> with the IronRuby installation?
>
> Thanks!
> Shay.
>
> ----------------------------
> Shay Friedman
> http://www.IronShay.com
> Follow me: http://twitter.com/ironshay
>
> On 8/11/09, Shay Friedman <shay.friedman at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thanks a lot Jimmy!
>>
>> I guess I'll stick with ASP.Net MVC for now :)
>>
>> ----------------------------
>> Shay Friedman
>> http://www.IronShay.com
>> Follow me: http://twitter.com/ironshay
>>
>> On 8/11/09, Jimmy Schementi <Jimmy.Schementi at microsoft.com> wrote:
>>> ASP.NET - We're working on open-sourcing the IronPython asp.net
>>> integration.
>>> We have a prototype of Ruby support, and will eventually extend it
>>> fully
>>> support Ruby. It's currently not planned for the 1.0 release.
>>>
>>> Silverlight - AgDLR/sdlsdk/whatever else I called it is no longer
>>> the
>>> place
>>> for Silverlight integration with Ruby and Python; the respective
>>> language
>>> source trees have the latest source and the language releases have
>>> binaries
>>> for use in Silverlight. Take a look at http://sdlsdk.codeplex.com
>>> and