[Ironruby-core] Implementing get_Item in Ruby for access in .NET

Curt Hagenlocher curth at microsoft.com
Wed Apr 29 11:37:37 EDT 2009

I don't think there's any attempt right now to identify an indexer when overriding virtual methods.  This means that the normal Rubification rules kick in and you get

def item key
end
def item= key, value
end

The second of these, of course, isn't usable from within Ruby -- though I think it should still work correctly when called by C# through the interface.

Obviously, this should be entered as a work item on Codeplex if it isn't there already.