[Ironruby-core] IronRuby and RSpec

Brandon Olivares programmer2188 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 10:27:12 EDT 2009

Hi,

I'm having trouble running IronRuby with RSpec. I have a simple file just to
test.

The last require statement is loading the .NET assembly from my project, but
it's not actually used in this example.

require 'rubygems'
require 'spec'
require 'mscorlib'
require File.expand_path(File.join(%w{.. bin x86 Debug FlightShooter}),
File.dirname(__FILE__))

describe 'Test' do
  it "should do something" do
    'hello'.should == 'hello'
  end
end

The error I get is:

>ir spec\test_spec.rb
IronRuby.Libraries:0:in `ExpandPath': Invalid argument - test_spec.rb:0
(Errno::EINVAL)
        from :0:in `expand_path'
        from example_group_methods.rb:103:in `set_description'
        from example_group_methods.rb:166:in `subclass'
        from example_group_methods.rb:43:in `describe'
        from example_group_factory.rb:25:in `create_example_group'
        from main.rb:24:in `describe'
        from test_spec.rb:0

Any idea what could be going wrong?

Thanks,
Brandon

www.perpetualseeker.com
Blog about college, programming, and other random things.
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/devbanana