[Ironruby-core] Requiring standard libraries within hosted DLR Runtime

Kevin Radcliffe lists at ruby-forum.com
Wed Apr 22 11:59:28 EDT 2009

Hello,

I previously tried sending this to the mailing list (on 04/17), but it
doesn't appear to have arrived there.

I did a git pull today (04/22/09), and rake compile, so I am using the
very latest sources..
I'm trying to attempt something simple but I can't seem to get the
hosted environment do to what I'm expecting.
I'm trying to require any of the standard libraries (socket, digest,
bigdecimal, etc.) from within the hosted runtime.
Within my C# app:

var engine = IronRuby.Ruby.CreateEngine();
engine.Execute("puts 'A'");
engine.Execute("require 'socket'");

So the "A" prints as expected, but I get an
"IronRuby.Builtins.LoadError" when I am at the require.
The error message is: {"no such file to load -- socket"}

Do I need to do something special to get at the libraries within
IronRuby.Libraries?
require 'socket' does work just fine when running from the ir.exe
console...

I've attached the program.cs and the
details of the stack trace to this forum post as a zip.

Thanks,
Kevin Radcliffe

Attachments:
http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/3607/DLRHosted.zip