[Ironruby-core] More fixes for core/array specs (again)

Shri Borde Shri.Borde at microsoft.com
Tue Apr 21 00:57:53 EDT 2009

Looks great!

Could you copy the comment "# MRI follows hashing semantics here, so doesn't actually call eql?/hash for Fixnum/Symbol" from core\array\minus_spec.rb to IListOps.Difference as its not obvious why the code in IListOps.Difference does the complicated checks.

Yes, it seems OK that you can call all the Array methods on System::Collections::ArrayList (and any System::Collectinos::IList object in general). We are exposing Ruby String methods on System::String, and it would be consistent with that approach.

About List<T>.Reverse, you could argue that if you use Ruby casing of "reverse", IListOps should get precedence. Could you open a bug for this please? If you use "Reverse", then the CLR method should get precedence, and there would be a possibility of confusion, but as you say, there is not much that can be done. It does not seem worth special-casing.

Thanks,
Shri