[Ironruby-core] More fixes for core/array specs

Shri Borde Shri.Borde at microsoft.com
Sat Apr 18 19:10:13 EDT 2009

Looks good!

In IListOps.UniqueSelf, any reason you do "bool frozen = context.IsObjectFrozen(self);" upfront instead doing IsObjectFrozen when you actually need it? If uniq! Is called on a System.Collections.Generic.List<T>, IsObjectFrozen will be expensive since we have to keep the "frozen" bit on the side. (For RubyArray, we will keep the bit as an instance field which will be cheap to access). So for List<T> objects which are already unique, it will be faster if you can avoid doing IsObjectFrozen.

Note that simplicity trumps optimization unless you have hard data that the optimization is required. I am only suggesting this optimization as its trivial, and the code is as simple in either case...