[Ironruby-core] C# method returns string to IronRuby - how it automatically be a IronRuby string?

Ben Hall ben2004uk at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 16 11:59:12 EDT 2009

Just hosted the DLR within an application to allow users some
scripting functionality.  Part of the functionality is that you can
call a C# method and have a string returned. However, the string is
always being returned as a ClrString which means methods like << don't
work which is annoying.  Having to write to_s after every call isn't
great for my nice clean DSL :)

How can I get around this? I want my C# method to return Ruby string.