[Ironruby-core] Some feedback on the compile/test process
thibaut.barrere at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 09:15:57 EDT 2009
Some notes as I go though the contributing process, in hope that will
be useful to make it smoother:
- after a clean checkout and launching dev.bat, brbd would not compile
(today). I believe it reported a missing microsoft.scripting.dll
- opening the solution in VS2008 shows 14 warnings about referenced
components that cannot be found (System, mscorlib, System.Net), not
sure if that's an issue or not
- compiling through VS2008 makes the compile using brbd works afterwards.
- first pass at launching irtests opens a bunch of windows - most of
them fail with failure to load default.mspec (see ) - after
searching, the message was caused by an old .mspecrc that was sitting
in my home folder. Removing it solved the issue.
- I noticed a runfirst.cmd, should I actually run it or is it obsolete
? It seems to have an error in it (references default.mspec.rb which
has been renamed to default.mspec since).
- on a french machine, the MiscTests/NumericLiterals1 fails see  -
sounds like a missing InvariantCulture in a float ToString call. I'll
look into it unless someone fixes it in between.
On irtests execution: the end of irtests launches irtest.bat, run.bat
and 4 mspec in parallels ("start" calls). Is there a need for that (ie
one process that monitors the others) or could it be run sequentially
if it's more comfortable for me ? The load is putting my machine down
on its knees.
=====  mspec error =====
IronRuby 0.3 0.3.0.0 on .NET 22.214.171.124
:0:in `load': no such file to load --
=====  NumericLiterals1 failure =====
First difference (8):
actual = ','
expected = '.'
Repro: C:\git\ironruby\Merlin\Main\bin\debug\IronRuby.Tests.exe NumericLiterals1
More information about the Ironruby-core