[Ironruby-core] What works for you when you use git on windows ?

Thibaut Barrère thibaut.barrere at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 07:38:58 EDT 2009

Hi Ivan,

thanks - based on your input I could narrow the issue and managed to
pull the code out.

In case that's useful to someone else: if you have accents in your
name and have trouble pulling from git, check out c:\documents and
settings - I had 3 folders instead of one here ("Barrère" and
corrupted versions).

The fix was to:
- remove all duplicate folders
- uninstall cygwin, tortoisegit and msysgit
- reinstall msysgit
- add the following line at the top of c:\program files\git\etc\profile
  export HOME="/c/program files/git/home"
- create the git/home folder
- recreate the ssh key following github guidelines at
http://github.com/guides/providing-your-ssh-key#msysGit

cheers, thanks again,

-- Thibaut