[Ironruby-core] Namespace Conflict System.Linq

Aaron Clauson lists at ruby-forum.com
Mon Apr 13 22:29:19 EDT 2009

Hi,

I host an IronRuby engine in my app and get a lot of compiler warnings
about duplicate definitions for classes in System.Linq. In the past it
wasn't much of an issue but now that I have started using some Linq
functionality I have found myself having to add and remove System.Linq
and Microsoft.Scripting.Core to get my app to compile. It seems that
when there is a conflict the assembly reference added last wins.

Is there a better way to solve this? Are the DLR and main .Net Linq
namespaces going to merge in the future?

Thanks,

Aaron