[Ironruby-core] Requesting contributions to IronRuby

Shri Borde Shri.Borde at microsoft.com
Mon Apr 6 00:17:10 EDT 2009

For mocking static CLR interfaces and abstract types, there is not much the DLR can do. You need to create types on the fly which implement the CLR interface you want to mock. I believe that is what most of the popular mocking frameworks like NMock, Moq, RhinoMocks, etc do.

You could take a look at using Test::Unit, RSpec, Bacon, etc for specifying the expectations, and NMock, Moq, RhinoMocks for mocking CLR interfaces. That seems to be what jtestr is doing. Would be cool to flush out the issues involved in using the type families of frameworks.