[Ironruby-core] FW: File.executable? always returns false on Windows machine

Shri Borde Shri.Borde at microsoft.com
Fri Apr 3 18:23:00 EDT 2009

Yes, Windows does not have a comparable attribute. However, I can't figure out how MRI running on Windows implements this since I am getting a different behavior than what other folks are. IronRuby uses the ".exe" extension as a sort of "executable bit". Don't know what MRI on Windows does though. Like I said before, it always returns false for all file extensions for me. It always returns true for all file extensions for Jim, Tomas and others.

We need to try to figure out what MRI does, why MRI might be behaving differently for me, and then use the same logic in IronRuby. Does MRI honor PATHEXT?

Thanks,
Shri