[Ironruby-core] FW: File.executable? always returns false on Windows machine

Shri Borde Shri.Borde at microsoft.com
Fri Apr 3 13:36:12 EDT 2009

Anyone know what File.executable? is supposed to do? For me, it always returns false. For Jim, Tomas and others, it always returns true no matter what the file extension is. Any idea why we might be getting different results?

FWIW, the current IronRuby implementation returns true if the file extension is ".exe".

Thanks,
Shri