[Ironruby-core] defined?(xxx) behaves differently when called from Silverlight

Thibaut Barrère thibaut.barrere at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 16:08:10 EDT 2009

Hi,

I noticed something that I didn't expect while working with Silverlight.

defined?(System::Windows::Forms::Control)

throws an exception:

MemberAccessException: uninitialized constant System::Windows::Forms
   à IronRuby.Builtins.ModuleOps.ConstantMissing(RubyModule self, String name)
   à _stub_$2##1(Closure , CallSite , CodeContext , RubyModule , SymbolId )
   à System.Scripting.Actions.MatchCaller.Call3[T0,T1,T2,TRet](Func`5
target, CallSite site, Object[] args)
   à System.Scripting.Actions.CallSite`1.UpdateAndExecute(Object[] args)
   à System.Scripting.Actions.UpdateDelegates.Update3[T,T0,T1,T2,TRet](CallSite
site, T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2)
   à IronRuby.Builtins.RubySites.ModuleConstMissing(CodeContext
context, RubyModule self, String name)

The same call under ir.exe will work as expected in MRI.

Can anyone else reproduce that issue (or is it something known
already), or is my silverlight install messing up ?

cheers,

-- Thibaut