[Ironruby-core] Code Review: rubyspec4

Srivatsn Narayanan srivatsn at microsoft.com
Mon Sep 29 13:07:04 EDT 2008

Using the tf diff tool, I see that a lot of files are identical except for changes in newline characters (maybe \n changed to \r\n)? From my random sampling I hardly found any files that have actually changed. Maybe it would help to have a guideline about the preferred newline character.

Also, regarding the baselining, how are we planning to track bugs and their related regression tests? If we are closing a bug on rubyforge and want to make sure that regression tests exist for that scenario, it would be good to have a link between the disabled test and the bug itself. In the IronPython testcode this is done by adding a disabled decorator to the test with the bug id. Here maybe a tag can have one more field to indicate the bug id? This is a change to the mspec runner itself and I'm not asking for it to be done with this shelveset but it's something to be discussed about.