[Ironruby-core] Backtrace supported?

Peter Bacon Darwin bacondarwin at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 29 09:03:52 EDT 2008

Are you running IronRuby in compilation or interpret mode?  I have a feeling
that the stack tracing might not work right in interpret mode.  Is that
right Tomas?

RubySpecs are definitely a work in progress and anything you can do to help
push them along would be warmly welcomed, in my experience!

By the way, be careful running rake mspec:...  By default it runs under ci
mode which doesn't run specs that have a fail tag.  See ironruby-tags
project that you should have got from Git.  (ci stands for continuous
integration and is designed to catch regression bugs)
Try running with run as the runner.  I.E. rake mspec:core Exception - run.
This will also run those tagged specs and give a much better idea of what is
implemented/working in IronRuby.  Of course if the specs are empty then this
won't make any difference.

Pete