[Ironruby-core] Overriding CLS Virtuals

Curt Hagenlocher curth at microsoft.com
Tue Sep 16 19:14:50 EDT 2008

Right now, the only way to get properties is to implement an interface that defines them.  When IronRuby supports this "natively", it will have to define a syntax for doing so.  That's because the Ruby language supports neither properties, attributes nor static types - all of which will be needed.  This will probably involve adding some new methods to Class that allow you to define typed CLS members.  But we don't have a specific timeframe for implementing this yet.