[Ironruby-core] Experiences building IronRuby from source

KE hellosticky at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 12:00:01 EDT 2008

>From a clean checkout:

Warning	1	The referenced component 'mscorlib' could not be found.
Warning	2	The referenced component 'System' could not be found.
Warning	3	The referenced component 'mscorlib' could not be found.
Warning	4	The referenced component 'System' could not be found.
Warning	5	The referenced component 'mscorlib' could not be found.
Warning	6	The referenced component 'System.Net' could not be found.
Warning	7	The referenced component 'System' could not be found.
Warning	8	The referenced component 'mscorlib' could not be found.
Warning	9	The referenced component 'System' could not be found.
Warning	10	The referenced component 'System.Net' could not be found.

Visual Studio doesn't report which project the warning is for, but double
clicking on each warning goes to the problematic reference.

For example, in src/ironruby/Ruby.csproj:

    <Reference Include="mscorlib, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e" Condition=" '$(SilverlightBuild)' == 'true'
">
      <SpecificVersion>False</SpecificVersion>
      <HintPath>$(SilverlightSdkPath)\mscorlib.dll</HintPath>
    </Reference>
    <Reference Include="System.Net, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e" Condition=" '$(SilverlightBuild)' == 'true'
">
      <SpecificVersion>False</SpecificVersion>
      <HintPath>$(SilverlightSdkPath)\System.Net.dll</HintPath>
    </Reference>
    <Reference Include="System, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e" Condition=" '$(SilverlightBuild)' == 'true'
">
      <SpecificVersion>False</SpecificVersion>
      <HintPath>$(SilverlightSdkPath)\System.dll</HintPath>
    </Reference>

I don't have the Silverlight SDK installed, is this required? IronPython has
Silverlight support, but doesn't have these types of references in its
.csproj files.