[Ironruby-core] Experiences building IronRuby from source

Hello Sticky hellosticky at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 02:41:58 EDT 2008

Hi, I've just downloaded the IronRuby source code because I'd like to
create something akin to IronPython's pyc.py which can put one or more
ruby files into an Assembly which I can later load into a partial
trust domain and instantiate and run a particular ruby file.

First, a few questions on the solution file:

1. What is /svn/trunk/runfirst.cmd? Do I really need stuff put into
%USERPROFILE%? I will ultimately be running under ASP.NET.
2. There are many warnings in the various projects about weird
references to mscorlib (which is automatically referenced) and
"System" without a version. Can I propose a patch with updates to the
vcproj files?
3. The Ruby.Console and IronRuby.Tests projects both have a project
file reference to "..\..\App.config" -- is this required? This is a
build error. There's no App.config file in /svn/trunk/