[Ironruby-core] Code Review: LexicalScopes2

Curt Hagenlocher curth at microsoft.com
Thu Oct 30 12:48:23 EDT 2008

Looks good.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tomas Matousek
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 2:11 PM
To: IronRuby External Code Reviewers
Cc: ironruby-core at rubyforge.org
Subject: Code Review: LexicalScopes2

tfpt review "/shelveset:LexicalScopes2;REDMOND\tomat"

The actual shelveset :)

  Refactors and simplifies LexicalScope and allocation of local variables. Previously a LocalVariable instance was created per each local variable access, which is unnecessary. Since many scopes don't define any variables at all we allocate a variable dictionary lazily.
  We also used to fallback to dynamic variable lookup in evals in some cases even though we could lookup statically.

Tomas