[Ironruby-core] Unicode Source Files

Ted Milker tmilker at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 14:33:31 EDT 2008

Why so rigorous?  I understand the need to maintain compatibility but
this effectively eliminates Visual Studio as an editor for .rb files,
without some kind of clunky build mechanism.  I guess I will just use
an extension method to get around the behavior for the time being.

>From the things I have read about Ruby and UTF-8, it seems more like
it is just extremely broken, rather than extremely tricky.  I still
cannot even get pure Ruby stuff in Windows to work properly with
UTF-8, like when using the Shoes toolkit for example.