[Ironruby-core] Code Review: IronRails2

Mike Moore blowmage at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 17:06:28 EDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 2:09 PM, Curt Hagenlocher <curth at microsoft.com>wrote:

>  There's quite a difference between a development environment like ASP.NETthat's fully supported by Microsoft and one that we make available on an
> as-is basis for the community to play with – and maybe take ownership of.
> Our goal has always been to create a fully conformant Ruby implementation,
> and by definition, that's going to be able to run Rails.
Sure, but the word before was that any ability to run Rails with IronRuby
was not going to come from Microsoft and would have to be provided by the
community. This looks to be coming directly from Microsoft. You could have
left it alone and made us proxy from IIS to webrick/mongrel or use FastCGI,
but this is evidence of the IronRuby team going above and beyond. You are to
be commended.

I would like to hear more chatter about this though. What are the results of
your experiments with IronRails so far?