[Ironruby-core] IronRuby moving to Github

Jim Deville jdeville at microsoft.com
Wed Nov 26 13:50:46 EST 2008

Well, the first step is done. The IronRuby Git repository is live at http://github.com/ironruby/ironruby. You can start working against it, but to compile, you will have to set the MERLIN_ROOT environment variable to <<your IR Git repo>>/merlin/main. This will be part of rake eventually, but right now it's a workaround. Please don't file any patches against it yet, you can start preparing them, but we won't be able to get them in until we have the whole tool chain working with Git. ETA for the tool chain is a few weeks.