[Ironruby-core] Xna+IronRuby+RubyNewb=headache

Gabriel Rotar lists at ruby-forum.com
Fri Nov 14 12:00:48 EST 2008

Hi
I'm tiring to run a whole XNA game from IronRuby but I'm having some
trouble translating the code from c# to ruby. That might be because I'm
really new at Ruby.
here is what I wrote so far
Game = Microsoft::Xna::Framework::Game
GraphicsDeviceManager = Microsoft::Xna::Framework::GraphicsDeviceManager
Graphics=Microsoft::Xna::Framework::Graphics
class Game1 < Game

def Game1
graphics = GraphicsDeviceManager.new this
end

def Initialize

super
#is this ok?
#in C# i have base.Initialize()
end
#is this ok?
#in C# i have protected override void Draw(GameTime gameTime)
def Draw
Game::GraphicsDevice.Clear Graphics::Color.CornflowerBlue #i don't think
this is is how to access the colour struct
super gameTime
#is this ok?
#in C# i have base.Draw(gameTime)
end