[Ironruby-core] dbi support

Ivan Porto Carrero ivan at flanders.co.nz
Wed Nov 5 05:03:12 EST 2008

Hi,

I have been discussing integrating db support for rails with Andrew Peters.
We think the best way forward is to implement a DBI layer for ironruby.

Now the question is how come DBI isn't in the list of libraries for
IronRuby? Is there a particular reason for that?  Most of the project is
written in ruby so that should just work provided we implement a correct dbi
driver for ado.net.

We'll open a project on github later today where we can store our progress
on getting a dbi layer going for the .NET providers. if there are people
that want to pitch in .. drop us a line.
---
Ivan Porto Carrero
GSM: +32.486.787.582
Blog: http://flanders.co.nz