[Ironruby-core] SVN r169 is out

Ben Hall ben2004uk at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 4 17:16:27 EST 2008

Hi John,

I feel we might be talking about different things. I've got my
GEM_PATH variable set.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC>echo %GEM_PATH%
C:\ruby\lib\ruby\gems\1.8

When I try and access the gem, it fails - I expected this to work but
feel this is where I might have misunderstood.

E:\IronRuby\r169\build\debug>ir
>>> require 'rubygems'
=> true
>>> require 'spec'
e:\IronRuby\r169\src\IronRuby.Libraries\Builtins\kernelops.cs:400:in
`require': no such file to load -- spec (LoadError)

        from custom_require.rb:26:in `require'
        from :0

The only way I have got this to work is to set the lib path to the
spec.rb file for LibraryPaths in the ir.config.  Should this have
worked?

Thanks

Ben