[Ironruby-core] Code Review: WEBrick

Peter Bacon Darwin bacondarwin at googlemail.com
Mon May 26 05:54:14 EDT 2008

Hi Tomas,

I noticed in the diff for BasicSocket.cs that you added a TODO comment,
saying that static variables cannot be used (the variable in question was:
private static bool _doNotReverseLookup;).

I had wondered about this and was not sure how to handle it.  Should I have
registered a singleton variable instead?  What is actually the problem with
using a static value?  Is it that the sharing of singleton variables has
different thread semantics to .NET static variables?

Cheers,
Pete