[Ironruby-core] IronRuby Binaries and Known DLR build

Ben Hall ben2004uk at googlemail.com
Sun May 25 16:09:41 EDT 2008

Hello,

Scenario. I want to host the DLR within my application, as such I
reference MS.Scripting and MS.Scripting.Core.  I can then happily
reference IP2 because it was compiled against the same version.

However, the same can't be said for IronRuby. Because there aren't any
binaries available to download (Unless I am mistaken, I read they were
going to be added to the repos but I couldn't them) and because you
are building from the DLR source instead of known releases it looks
like i'm going to need two copies of the DLR assemblies within my
application.

An example of where this is a problem, TokenizerService is within the
DLR for IronRuby but not for IronPython.

At some point, I take it the DLR will merge into a single release and
known assembly for other language providers and hosts to use instead
of multiple different versions?

Thanks

Ben
Blog.BenHall.me.uk