[Ironruby-core] IronRuby / Rails Question

John Lam (IRONRUBY) jflam at microsoft.com
Sat May 24 01:18:44 EDT 2008

Josh Charles:

> It looks like you're getting very close to getting rails to run on
> IronRuby.  What is the endgame for this?  Is the goal to eventually be
> able to run a rails app on IIS, so deployment is just as simple as
> deploying an ASP.NET web application?  I've been looking at several
> different ways this could happen (especially if you can modify rails
> to take advantage of some windoes / .net specific features), but would
> like to get your thoughts on this.

I don't think we're near the end game yet :) We're barely able to run Rails functional tests now, and there's a lot more library work to be done before we can start thinking about deployment etc. That said, this is something we would love to have folks in the community help us out with. Do you have any specific thoughts in mind?

Thanks,
-John