[Ironruby-core] Code Review: LoadCache

Tomas Matousek Tomas.Matousek at microsoft.com
Wed May 21 20:19:14 EDT 2008

tfpt review /shelveset:LoadCache;REDMOND\tomat

Implements a simple load cache. Kernel#require uses relative paths to determine whether a file has already been loaded. One file required from multiple different directories using relative paths may therefore run multiple times. We still need to run it multiple times but we need to compile it only once unless the file content changed. This shelveset introduces a very simple load cache. It doesn't check timestamps of the files for now, so if the file is modified it won't load the new content. The cache is also not using weak references, so it leaks memory. Will revisit both issues post RailsConf.

Tomas