[Ironruby-core] prebuild.xml file for ironruby

C.J. Adams-Collier cjac at colliertech.org
Wed May 21 13:33:05 EDT 2008

Hey folks,

I worked a bit on creating a prebuild.xml file for ironruby yesterday on
the bus.  I haven't completed it, and it's on my laptop (which is
offline while I'm at work), but I thought I'd let you know it's on its

When complete, it will make creating ironruby-x.y.z.tgz distributions
easier (via autotools), provide a story for building with MonoDevelop,
XCode, NAnt and older versions of visual studio.  None of these stories
is terribly good, but it will at least increase the codebase's

Should I maintain a diff against the current trunk like Seo, learn how
to use git to provide a patched branch view, figure out this svk stuff,
or submit the code to all Tomas and have the file committed?

Shri indicated some interest in using prebuild to increase developer
accessibility, but is this something that the devs even want to maintain
in the code?