[Ironruby-core] More on running activerecord

John Lam (IRONRUBY) jflam at microsoft.com
Mon May 19 13:30:41 EDT 2008

Brian Blackwell:

> I can also report that after applying patches and other workarounds, I
> have been able to get "require 'active_record'" to work, and that I
> have started playing with a simple activerecord use case. Here are some
> issues that I have encountered so far:
> (1) Bug #20222: super call in initialize method of a module throws an
> exception
>   - This bug crops up in the Ruby library 'logger.rb'
> (2) Ruby library 'Process' not implemented -
>   - Is anyone working on this? More specifically, the method
>   Process::times() is called by the Ruby library 'benchmark.rb'.
>   Implementing this would also require an implementation of
> Struct::Tms.
> (3) Missing method Signal.trap
>   - Wayne has also encountered this issue. In my case Signal.trap is
>   needed by active_record/transactions.rb.

1) I believe that 20222 is fixed in the next release

2) Curt is working on an implementation of Struct#tms this morning.

3) Tomas will work on Signal#trap.

We're running behind in getting a new release out since we had a few interdependent shelvesets that we had to get past the troll. Once we review Tomas' latest changes (Yaml) this morning we'll post a new release that should fix most known issues.