[Ironruby-core] Signal.trap

Wayne Kelly w.kelly at qut.edu.au
Sun May 18 20:11:41 EDT 2008


I'm not sure I can answer that question in it's totality as I'm not familiar with much of the Rails framework. But the examples that I've seen so far have been trapping the SIGINT and/or TERM signals in order to perform a graceful controlled shutdown.

Cheers, Wayne.


> -----Original Message-----
> From: ironruby-core-bounces at rubyforge.org
> [mailto:ironruby-core-bounces at rubyforge.org] On Behalf Of
> Tomas Matousek
> Sent: Monday, 19 May 2008 10:00 AM
> To: ironruby-core at rubyforge.org
> Subject: Re: [Ironruby-core] Signal.trap
>
> What signals are used in Rails and what for?
>
> Tomas
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: ironruby-core-bounces at rubyforge.org
> [mailto:ironruby-core-bounces at rubyforge.org] On Behalf Of
> Sanghyeon Seo
> Sent: Sunday, May 18, 2008 9:32 AM
> To: ironruby-core at rubyforge.org
> Subject: Re: [Ironruby-core] Signal.trap
>
> 2008/5/18 Michael Letterle <michael.letterle at gmail.com>:
> > PInvokes would, of course, make it non-portable to mono...or
> > silverlight for that matter.  So no, I don't think it's a
> good idea :)
>
> Well, Mono supports P/Invoke, and Ruby.NET's Signal code
> actually worked fine on Mono. (In this case, signal()
> function is portable between Windows and Unix.)
>
> Silverlight would be problematic indeed. But then, why would
> Ruby code in Silverlight use methods in Signal module?
>
> --
> Seo Sanghyeon
> _______________________________________________
> Ironruby-core mailing list
> Ironruby-core at rubyforge.org
> http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/ironruby-core
> _______________________________________________
> Ironruby-core mailing list
> Ironruby-core at rubyforge.org
> http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/ironruby-core
>


More information about the Ironruby-core mailing list