[Ironruby-core] activerecord status with r110

Brian Blackwell brianblackwell at realemail.net
Fri May 16 15:03:03 EDT 2008

As a supplement to Wayne's work with "gems setup.rb", here is a quick
status update with "require 'active_record'" with r110. The following
bugs or unimplemented features are currently blocking active_record from

(1) define_method overload not implemented - bug #20119
(2) Thread.critical= not implemented
(3) Regexp.new overloads not implemented (see Wayne's email)
(4) require infinite loop - bug #20131
(5) Kernel.caller not implemented
(6) Dir.glob pattern bug #19843, #19950
(7) Array.pack not implemented
(8) Class variable assignment expression bug (e.g. @@x ||= 123) - bug
#19901
(9) bigdecimal not implemented

I have managed to get "require 'active_record'" to work by applying my
own patches and workarounds for the above issues. I will try to get some
simple activerecord use cases up and running shortly...

-Brian