[Ironruby-core] IronRuby r109 is out

John Lam (IRONRUBY) jflam at microsoft.com
Fri May 16 09:25:11 EDT 2008

Peter Bacon Darwin:

> Looks like we are going to have to think about how the backwards sync
> works, since it appears that when John pushes out a new version from
> TFS it wipes out anything that I have committed.
>
> I'll push my files out again today.

Yikes. Sorry about that.

After thinking about it more on the commute into work today, I've realized that we're going to have to do the full RI/FI thing against the two trees. I suspect that we're going to have to enforce a policy that says that check-ins against the SVN tree are allowed at all times *except* for a daily synchronization window. This also means that there will be exactly one daily sync of the trees due to the overhead associated with doing so.

Jim - this means that there will be real work associated with this. There's no way to fully automate this since essentially you're merging two branches on a daily basis. As long as folks are working in different parts of the tree, there shouldn't be an enormous amount of work that goes into the sync. That said, a redesign in something like the binder would cause a lot of work to happen during the merge process.

Let's think about this some more and come up with a plan. BUT, in the interests of deferring work until after RailsConf - can you (Pete) revert to submitting patches against sockets again? I'll run through the full SNAP checkin thing on our side until we figure out a way to make things more free-flowing on the SVN side.

Thanks!
-John