[Ironruby-core] IR SVN 107 changes behavior of 'require'(compared to SVN 103)

Robert Brotherus robert.brotherus at napa.fi
Fri May 16 03:26:23 EDT 2008

From: Peter Bacon Darwin
> I can reproduce this bug on r109.
> First I had to remove the SIGNED compilation symbol otherwise the
program couldn't load the IronRuby assembly.
> I wonder if this is relevant and has some bearing on why John couldn't
reproduce it?

Yes, I had to remove the 'SIGNED' compilation symbols as well. This has
to do with what Wayne Kelly was already earlier commenting about:

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 10:47 PM, Wayne Kelly <w.kelly at qut.edu.au>
wrote:
> I'm having trouble with strong names in the latest version.
> Is IronRuby.dll meant to be strongly named?
> The Microsoft.Scripting.Hosting.ScriptRuntimeSetup constructor has a
hard coded dependence to:
> IronRuby, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
> But building IronRuby.dll using IronRuby.csproj doesn't seem to
produce a strongly named assembly.
> I also note that IronRuby.csproj doesn't set SIGNED but the other
projects do.

If someone can provide instructions on how to compile the simple program
I sent without removing the SIGNED symbols from the libraries, then I
can see if I get it working. The SIGNED symbols appeared somewhere
around SVN 103 and broke my program as well but at that time removing
the SIGNED allowed working again (even with the 'require').

Robert Brotherus
Software architect
Napa Ltd
Email: Robert.Brotherus at napa.fi