[Ironruby-core] IronRuby r109 is out

Wayne Kelly w.kelly at qut.edu.au
Fri May 16 01:33:59 EDT 2008

> From:  John Lam (IRONRUBY) [jflam at microsoft.com]
> To: ironruby-core at rubyforge.org
> Subject: [Ironruby-core] IronRuby r109 is out
> Next steps are to start looking at running some simple Rails unit tests to see what
> missing APIs fall out of that investigation.

I haven't had a chance to investigate this in detail, but my preliminary tests show the following results:

(after applying the latest version, plus a number of my own patches)

Of the 365 test files required by my gems and rails use case:

315 load successfully

The rest fail for the following reasons:
13 - Regexp.new overloads not implemented
11 - Socket::gethostname not implemented
 8 - gsub $n bug [#20137]
 7 - YAML::Syck::Resolver::use_types_at not implemented
 3 - OpenSSL::Digest::OPENSSL_VERSION_NUMBER not defined
 2 - Thread::critical= not implemented
 1 - trap not implemented
 1 - catch not implemented
 1 - DATA global variable not defined
 1 - IO::sync not implemented
 1 - File::writable? not implemented
The gsub bug is what's currently preventing gems setup.rb from executing correctly.

Cheers, Wayne.