[Ironruby-core] changes to extname_spec.rb

Unnikrishnan Nair ksunair at yahoo.com
Wed May 14 09:55:29 EDT 2008

Hi Pete,

I was kind of doing what you are saying but manually though. But after seeing the specs, I stopped doing it altogether.

I wrote down the test and display the result on the console with puts. Now run the script with 'ruby' on console and redirect the output to a file (not MRI, I need to change based on what I hear) and then run the same code against ir and do the same. After that I run my file compare program and see the differences.

So it is possible to automate what you are suggesting, but don't you think  the spec was already written to cover all the cases? Wouldn't it be a duplicate work? Just curious...