[Ironruby-core] IronRuby.dll strongly named?

Michael Letterle michael.letterle at gmail.com
Wed May 14 09:09:37 EDT 2008

My understanding is that when IronRuby is officially released it /will/ be
signed, going through and removing the "SIGNED" variable from the other
projects should allow it to build correctly.  The hard coded dependence
below is in an #if.

It's always been like this, in fact I had to reference removing the SIGNED
in my quick start which was back in rev75 (or thereabouts).

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 10:47 PM, Wayne Kelly <w.kelly at qut.edu.au> wrote:

>  I'm having trouble with strong names in the latest version.
>
> Is IronRuby.dll meant to be strongly named?
>
> The Microsoft.Scripting.Hosting.ScriptRuntimeSetup constructor has a hard
> coded dependence to:
>
> IronRuby, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
> PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
>
> But building IronRuby.dll using IronRuby.csproj doesn't seem to produce a
> strongly named assembly.
>
> I also note that IronRuby.csproj doesn't set SIGNED but the other projects
> do.
>
> Cheers, Wayne.

Michael Letterle
[Polymath Prokrammer]