[Ironruby-core] Interactive IronRuby "Try Ruby in Your Browser" Shell

Unnikrishnan ksunair at yahoo.com
Mon May 12 17:56:25 EDT 2008

Silver light and ironruby, I like that idea... Keep me posted ... I would love contribute .....2

On May 12, 2008, at 3:35 PM, Oleg Tkachenko <oleg at tkachenko.com> wrote:

Thanks for posting it here.
This is just ASP.NET page hosting Ruby runtime server side. Probably Silverlight would be a better fit here, at least then the worst you could do is to crash your browser instead of server.
Hey, we can build complete Ruby IDE with Silverlight!

M. David Peterson wrote:
For those who haven't seen this, Oleg Tkachenko, one of the XML MVP's, hacked together a 0.first.hack version of the "Try Ruby in Your Browser" demo last night. > http://www.tkachenko.com/blog/archives/000742.html
>From what I can tell, this doesn't use Silverlight in any way, shape, or form > http://www.ironruby.info/ir/ < sending each command back to the server for processing.  Not sure how he's handling state, but it certainly seems to be handling state management just fine.

Ironruby-core mailing list
Ironruby-core at rubyforge.org