[Ironruby-core] IronRuby r102 is out

John Lam (IRONRUBY) jflam at microsoft.com
Sat May 10 04:00:04 EDT 2008

This is a fairly major update. Ruby-visible changes include:

1) A brand new MutableString implementation that supports byte, char, and immutable char strings.
2) Some wrappers for Regexp to support binding to the new MutableString implementation
3) Bug fixes for module_function, singleton_methods, subclassing of Module.
4) DebuggerProxyType

This is the first of several changes that will be coming. I have a shelveset that will go out for code review after this mail goes out. It contains a large number of bug fixes for Rubyforge bugs. It passes all local tests, but the troll is getting his batteries replaced this weekend, so it won't go through until Monday.

Next, we're waiting on John Messerly's DLR fix for the Tuple bug that is causing us to blow up on large, complex files. This will unblock Jim Deville's work on running the latest Rubinius spec suite. He has it running locally on his machine today.

Oh yeah, this release can run erb too ...

Thanks,
-John