[Ironruby-core] Socket test

Peter Bacon Darwin bacondarwin at googlemail.com
Fri May 9 07:38:18 EDT 2008

Currently the Socket library is part of the IronRuby.Libraries.dll, which is
all loaded up on start-up automatically.  So you don't need to do a require
'socket' before the TCPSocket class is available.
If you want to write a program that will work on both IronRuby and other
flavours of Ruby then you can do the following at the top of your file.

begin
	Socket
rescue
	require 'socket'
end

which is what appears in my RSpec socket tests at the moment

or perhaps more correctly

begin
	require 'socket'
rescue LoadError