[Ironruby-core] Code Review: bugfixes-7
John Lam (IRONRUBY)
jflam at microsoft.com
Thu May 8 16:37:58 EDT 2008
tfpt review /shelveset:bugfixes-7;REDMOND\jflam
This shelveset fixes a number of open bugs on Rubyforge and adds some features that we need to get the latest rubinius specs running.
- we used to alias MatchData to System.Text.RegularExpressions.Match. However, to fully implement MatchData we need to also hold onto a reference to the original string that we matched against. A new MatchData type was created (MatchData.cs) which wraps the existing .NET Match object. This also touches MutableStringOps.cs, RubyOps.cs, RubyScope.cs, SpecialGlobalVariableInfo.cs
- finished implementing all methods. 16 out of 16 specs pass
- implemented to_a which closes bug #19903
- added ctor overload to close bug #19927
- made some changes to return MatchData objects instead of Match objects
- made some changes to return boxed integers via RuntimeHelpers.Int32ToObject() instead of explicit boxing. This also touches MutableStringOps.cs
- removed overloaded constructors to close bug #19956. But this exposes a new problem about Type aliasing that is described by bug 20035 (referencing a System::DateTime explicitly does not allow you to call the .NET constructors - only the Ruby-defined constructors).
- fixed Time#- bug - #19955
- fixed some very old bugs #15996, #15995 related to including non-sensible things (include 1, include nil). RequireNonClasses() method now throws the correct Ruby exceptions. This also touches SingletonOps.cs
- added an implementation of String#rindex which closes #19904. We pass all specs except for 4 which fail because of differences between .NET regex and Ruby regex.
- cleaned up some code here, was about to work on glob implementation (bugs #19843 #19950, but handed off to Curt)
- added an implementation of File#basename which closes #19905. passes all specs except for one which is wrong, and one which is unix-specific. These things are likely bugs in Ruby.
#File.basename('baz.rb', 'z.rb').should == 'ba' -- bad test
#File.basename("bar.txt.exe", ".txt.exe").should == "bar" - unix-only, should be wrapped in platform
- added an implementation of File.file? to close #19949
- added a static Empty MutableString
- added delegation thunks to LastIndexOf()
- fixed our Equals() implementation to correctly distinguish between different types of strings (CLR vs. MutableString)
- fixes a bug related to what "w+" means in .NET. - its FileMode.OpenOrCreate
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 155810 bytes
More information about the Ironruby-core