[Ironruby-core] generic and non generic type with the same name

John Lam (IRONRUBY) jflam at microsoft.com
Thu May 8 11:22:44 EDT 2008

Steve Eichert:

> This issue has been reported on Rubyforge (bug #20033).

Thanks!

> Can you point me in the general direction of where things would need
> to change in order to get this to work so I can hack around a bit?

The high order bit here is that we're not delegating to the default DLR binder in our implementation as much as we will in the future. A lot of those features already exist in the DLR binder, so it's really a matter of making that happen.

That said, our binder is going to undergo some major work post RailsConf.

FYI - although you're more than welcome to hack around and even create patches that others can apply to their own private builds, we cannot accept patches in the core IronRuby compiler today -- libraries are the only place where we generally accept patches. Trivial patches for bug fixes are excepted from the 'no patches to IronRuby core' policy. This is why we have the distinction between IronRuby.dll vs. IronRuby.Libraries.dll

Thanks,
-John