[Ironruby-core] generic and non generic type with the same name

John Lam (IRONRUBY) jflam at microsoft.com
Thu May 8 09:56:24 EDT 2008

Steve Eichert:

> IronRuby seems to be having a problem resolving a generic type when a
> non generic type with the same name exists.  The specific example that
> I discovered the bug with is when trying to using Moq [1].
>
> describe "some class with a mock" do
>   it "should use the mock" do
>     mock = Mock.of(IMyMock).new
>     my_class = MyClass.new(mock)
>     // ... test stuff
>   end
> end

Yep. Sorry. That's a bug. Can you open a bug please?

We more or less hacked in whatever 'support' that we needed to get basic generics up and running so that we could do some Silverlight/WPF stuff. It was almost entirely on the side of consuming generic types, and this case didn't come up.

As for the timeline for fixes around this stuff - it will happen post-RailsConf when we refocus on getting our .NET interop story correct. Right now we have our hands full trying to get the core language up and running.

Thanks!
-John