[Ironruby-core] Code Review: socket2

Peter Bacon Darwin bacondarwin at googlemail.com
Wed May 7 16:36:50 EDT 2008

This seems reasonable to me but then I am not a seasoned Ruby Sockets user
so I don't know what level of support developers would expect.

Certainly for a first release I don't see why we couldn't get away without
Ruby Sockets support on Silverlight.  I doubt anyone coding up a Silverlight
Ruby app is going to worry that their code is portable to non-IronRuby
platform.

The big question is whether there are any libraries that require the Ruby
Socket library that might be of use to people writing Silverlight apps.

Pete