[Ironruby-core] MutableString == operator

Peter Bacon Darwin bacondarwin at googlemail.com
Wed May 7 09:38:22 EDT 2008

I just noticed that MutableString does not implement the == operator (and of
course != operator).

This could be confusing because CLR string does implement this operator to
be a value comparison, rather than the default reference comparison of
System.Object.

I imagine most people would expect MutableString to do the same.  What is
the consensus view on this?  Is there some reason I am not getting for not
introducing this operator?

I am now going to go through all the code I have written that uses
MutableStrings to make sure I am using Equals rather than ==.

Pete